Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

Christmas Presents


Last monday {which turned out to be, statistically speaking, the busiest post office day of the year} I spent 2 hours in the post office writing addresses, and picking boxes to send out an armful of Christmas presents and cards to the people I miss.

This monday, I'm going to be having a holly-jolly day knowing that there are little green polkadotted & red striped packages arriving on peoples door steps all over the country!

Even though the holidays are pretty stressful {and waiting in line behind other citizens is awful! ... and subsequently thinking that makes me feel more awful} it's kind of fun to be in the post-office with people doing the same thing you are.

It's wonderful knowing that those boxes are full of thoughtfulness & christmas cookies, not overdue bills.

so when i'm standing in line with 113 people infront of me ... it's like seeing 113 "I love you"s, stamped and waiting for departure.

Sam
a.k.a Samantha Claus

(image) film from my vintage Pentax

4 comments:

  1. so nicely put!! 113 "i loves you's"...i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    just saw your comment on my blog and loved your book recommendations. Thanks for stopping by and I love your blog!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty photos on your page
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for commenting on my blog earlier!

    This post made me happy.. It's a nice thought knowing other random people around you are all spreading the love over the holidays too :)

    xx

    http://prettygirlforzoni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger