Donna Karan: Fashion Philospher

[image f: Coquette]

Donna Karan has taken a note from the Utilitarian Fashion Movement {and maybe American Apparel} with her take on the every-way dress. I wrote about the modern manifestations of utilitarian fashion for my fashion column in college

"Utilitarianism seeks to maximize happiness and pleasure for the maximum amount of people possible. The Utilitarianism Fashion Movement sought to apply concept to style; getting maximum happiness and use out of each garment."
read my article from The Vista HERE

Additionally, I feel like because the dress can be worn 10 ways the 900 dollar price tag is more like 90 dollars per dress ... which is a great deal for a DKNY, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger