Emily Giffen | On Love and Loss


"Someday being with him will be a distant memory. This fact makes me sad too. It's like when someone dies, the initial stages of grief seem to be the worst. But in some ways it's sadder as time goes by and you consider how much they've missed in your life. In the world."
Emily Giffen, Something Borrowed

--
* Eli likes to tell me I read "chick" books. I try to tell him that just because a book is called The History of Love doesn't make it a chick book! Just because it's a collection of love stories doesn't make James Joyce or William Faulkner chick authors! Well this book was definitely a chick book. And I stayed up all night reading it and loved every page of it.

Chic-Lit is still Literature, that's what the Lit stands for, right?

3 comments:

  1. this quote is so true! and of course chic-lit is literature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words cannot describe how much I love this quote

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger