Kate Spade Gets Me.

"She is quick and curious and playful and strong. She is a voracious reader and a fantastic dancer. She saves old snapshots and loses her umbrella. Her emails pile up but she never forgets to call her grandmother. She has 7 dollars in change at the bottom of her handbag." Kate Spade, quote installation behind the register in Portland, Or.

I don't exactly qualify as a fantastic dancer, and I don't call my grandmother as often as I should. But it's nice to know that a designer who embodies 'perfectly put together' has a habit of neglecting email, being overly sentimental, and losing every day items, just like me. "Perpetually covered in coffee stains" and "gets the giggles after one glass of champagne" could be added to this list.

3 comments:

  1. i love this so much!!! its perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely L O V E this.

    add to the list "has a habit of talking with her hands" and "tends to always be missing her left sandal."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this so much. i could add so many beautiful things about you to this list too. once in high school all my girlfriends made lists like this for each other, and i would love to find those. or create new ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger