a little more time.

“In a whisper he began begging for—and, as the sun set, received—the concession people always beg for: a little more time.”

Zadie Smith, On Beauty

back in Oregon for one more week before the big move. I had a lot of feelings flying into Portland : excited it wasn't over yet, sad seeing all that I'll be saying good bye to. But mostly I felt relieved to know that it was still here while I was gone. Whether I'm away for a week or a year, the city still stands and there are smiling faces out in the airport parking lot, waiting to take me home.

(photo) digital  | first sunset in Amherst

8 comments:

  1. beautiful post, per usual! so excited, again, for you sam and your new adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo reminds me of a home. Not necessarily my own but any home someone could claim. Or like my favorite quote from Sleepless in Seattle: "It was like coming home. Though to no home I'd ever known.... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic." That feeling of home is what this picture reminds me of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, that line from Sleepless in Seattle is so great! And, I'm glad the feeling translates in the picture. I was having big time fears about moving across the country until I stepped outside with my camera that evening. Perhaps it's a good omen that it already looks like home.

      Delete
  3. so needed to read this today. as my time in Costa Rica is starting to wind down, sometimes i have to remember that los angeles isn't going anywhere--but this experience will, one day, be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture! I agree with Allie, it reminds me of home; a safe place

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture is beautiful! I feel like i can touch the leaves on the tree. I swear it stands out more than ive ever seen something stand out on a digital picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said something, Chrissy! I always wonder if there is as much (any?) magic in the pictures when I don't use film. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger