the fade away.

The pond at Smith is just off the path to my morning bus-stop. I stop by whenever I have a little extra waiting time.  Last week, a friend from college visited and we walked there so I could show him the prettiest place in my neighborhood. When we came down the hill, all we saw was mud. The water had been drained and the trees had lost their leaves. 

I don't know when it happened really. But, I guess the season is like that. 
Receding daily, and in one strong gust ... it's gone. 

(photos) on film with Leica CL | Paradise Pond at Smith (p.s.) fading summer

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the park across from my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I could use some of this greenery now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Paradise Pond drained. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. del Rio,
      it's mucky mess! But, I like thinking of all the charm bracelets and hair pins (lost during late night Smithy swims) that were probably uncovered.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger