This song sounds like summer, fading daylight at eight o'clock and ice-clinking in a mason jar. When I was walking to the bus this morning, there were the faintest strings of fog. It was only left low-down around the tree trunks and the blue sky had already burned through. The day felt on it's way to heating up ... and on it's way to June.
weekend reading | our stories, our selves.
- I went to see Gloria Steinem speak at Smith college a few weekends ago. In her keynote address she said "when we save our stories we save ourselves". That really resonated with me about the importance of authentic internet spaces - like blogs - where women can tell their stories.
- so funny! the anatomy of an ex-husband's apartment.
- "When The One I Wanted Did Not Want Me" a poem by Warsan Shire
- finding the formerly unknown street photographer Vivian Maier, through the 100,000 negatives found in an attic.
- in-camera double exposures: incredibly beautiful, yes. But better yet, complex and conflicted.
(listen) Middle Brother - Blue Eyes (photo) on film with Leica CL | garage door shadows, Summer 2012