Joyeux Bastille Day!

We're celebrating Bastille Day with a block party at Pix on North Williams! There will be a wine drinking marathon, and grape stomping, and of course macaron eating and champagne sipping. all. day. long.
If you are like my co-workers and you dig hip music {I don't bring my ipod to work for fear of embarrassment}, starting at 2 we have all sorts of local bands. It's a benefit for the Oregon food bank and is going to be North Portland at it's finest.
 
PDXneatsheet said : It is time for La Fête Nationale, France’s national holiday to commemorate the storming of Bastille. While certain people who haven’t been to a history class in a while might forget this date, local yum-factory Pix Pâtisserie has not. And luckily for us, they’ve got an entire day-long Bastille Day block party planned full of Frenchie-themed delights starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 17.

I wanted the job of 'confetti thrower' but unfortunately my boss said no
- so I'll be ringing up your goodies all evening. Come play!

1 comments:

  1. Ohhh my gosh I wish I lived in Portland :( :( My first-ever Bastille Day celebration was in Paris itself and I nearly fainted I loved it so much!! (Confession: Didn't know the holiday existed until I was heading to the Champs-Elysees and encountered a parade. Politely tapped the Frenchman beside me and said "Qu'est-ce que c'est?" and he shook his head as he said "Bastille Day." And then my American identity was thus revealed.)

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger