Cluck // Cluck

chickens! 001
chickens! 002

When I was going to private college in Southern California I spent most of the time trying to convince my classmates that no, everyone in Oregon doesn't live on a farm. {It was a time when people saw Portland less as a hub for hipness, and more as a wooded habitat for hicks and hippies.}

It's not helping my case that the neighbors in my apartment building (that's right - apartment building) have chickens. Portland foodies put a lot of importance on local and organic products. It's a good thing for our economy, our bodies, and our environment. It doesn't get any more local than farm patio fresh eggs. But, did I mention they're not just any chickens? They're heritage chickens that have blue skin. And lay blue eggs. Now where, oh where, is that blue ham ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger