Style Inspired : Portland in the Spring

Spring - the whole bird's chirping and flowers blooming thing - is a little different here in Portland. You can walk around and marvel at the blossoming beauty of it all, but it's from under an umbrella. Wet jeans could kill my joy in almost anything.

But, May has a way of giving us a few beautiful days where ....

... we fall in love again with what we have here.
 'I'm so happy we both showed up here' Oregon shaped print (which hangs in my apartment), from Lark Press

... we banish the gray and bring the color indoors.
turquoise tinted Ball Mason Jar and Daffodils

... we wear cloths that are (still) seasonally inappropriate, just because the sun is out.
floral print Tucker for Target t-shirt sun dress

...  we remember to appreciate the city we live in - and the writer's, artists, and designers -we share it with.
Miranda July's short story collection No One Belongs Here More Than You (She's a Portland girl)

... we try to soak up every moment.
Diana F+ camera


(p.s.) I loved this post from another Portland girl, Andrea (of Hula Seventy), about the way we try to hold on to everyday experiences. I think it's a spring thing.

6 comments:

  1. I really like your blog and photos! I would love for you to come visit me!
    www.afieldofsunflowers-elizagrace.blogspot.com
    Hope your having a great week! :)
    -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog!! Here is Australia it's Autumn and FREEZING!!! I love reading posts about Spring, I just can't wait until it's spring here :) And the quote below by Danielle Steele is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was SO for me today! I totally know what you mean...it's rainy and in the 50's all week in my neck of the woods...such a bummer! But there are still so many things I love and appreciate about this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ESPECIALLY agree with the "wearing inappropriate clothes for the weather" one. It was drizzling today, and I just wore a long coat over a summer dress. Nothing brightens up a day better than wearing a great dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Colours I'm so thankful for the Australian bloggers - they got me through our long winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger