s p r i n g t h i n g s
- a.a. milne, on daffodils at Reading My Tea Leaves
"A house with daffodils in it is a house lit up, whether or not the sun be shining outside"
- Did you know that saffron - the most expensive spice in the world - is made from part of the crocus?
- a spring outfit at Matchbook Magazine's The Daily Spark (featuring two of my favorite spring things : A Moveable Feast and the color turquoise)
- I second this sentiment from Andrea at Hula Seventy
"so go ahead, march. work your magic, do your thing. I'm ready."
- cherry blossoms on film : pentax k1000 and Diana f+
- buying this wrap dress would be like having cherry blossoms year 'round.
- a lovely line and more spring links from Bethany
"sometimes those weeks between late January and early March feel so cold, so dead that I lose faith the world will thaw and thrive again. It did. it always does"
- Kimia shared that Naw Ruz, Persian new year, is the first day of spring. Isn't that a lovely thought?
(photo) the biggest lesson I've learned from Spring and from this city : with new hope we build new lives. yes, lives. plural. Portland is the place where I began again ... and then, began again. Just like the seasons.