city guide | Two Stops for Word Lovers in Chicago


A monument to the printed word in a mid-century modern building just down the street from the el stop. Chicago Main Newsstand carries every periodical you could possibly want for the train ride into the city. Can't you just imagine a Don Draper type stopping by on his way to work? I picked up a copy of the Chicago Tribune and took it down to the beach (a statement that still blows my mind).

located on Chicago Ave between Main and Washington in Evanston, IL. 


I disobeyed the moratorium on cameras because I just had to capture that warm golden light. Even just looking at it I can smell the dusty pages. Myopic gets a special mention in Nico Lang's list of 40 Reasons I Love Being a Chicagoan

located on N. Milwaukee in the Wicker Park neighborhood. 

(photos) on film with pentax k1000. full frames on Flickr
(p.s) more book stores : City Lights in San Francisco and El Ateno Grand Splendid in Buenos Aires

3 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, this is so beautiful. It makes me want to find an old chair and just read by the sun light

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo great! looks like the chicago trip was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to take a Chicago trip soon! It's just six hours in the car...sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger