a little love!

Roses and Sweetpeas
Prepped and Ready
According to an NPR story, a person who "finds" a nickel on the street directly before being asked how happy they are, will report being happier than a person who doesn't. A NICKLE. I think that's a good thing to remember on a day like today. It really doesn't take much (five freaking cents!) to make a person feel lucky ... or better yet, loved. 

heart felt ... 
  • Heart to Heart ... a favorite love poem by Rita Dove:"I can't wear it on my sleeve or tell you from the bottom of it how I feel. Here, it's all yours, now -- but you'll have to take me, too." 
  • This Ole Heart Of Mine ... a favorite love song by the Isley Brothers
  • Heart Warming! ... Laura + Radley's wedding video by Sharkpig
  • Piece of My Heart ... finding a piece of the community art project La-La Letters. 
(photos) on film with Pentax K1000 for Frolic, at Summer School PDX | more from the flower class on Flickr

6 comments:

  1. I heard that piece on NPR and wondered how many nickels I had walked past over the years - and how many opportunities to be even happier I had missed! Thanks for a little brightness and love today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flowers are so pretty. i love the colors too.
    and as usual, you always have the words to say something and mean it.
    love you Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers! And is the part of the Rita Dove poem you quoted the whole thing? Because when I click on the link, it doesn't bring me anywhere. I'd like to read it :)

    Happy Valentine's Day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, Thanks for letting me know about the dead link (oh, technology!) It's fixed and I hope you enjoy. Happy Valentine's day!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwh i love this! beautiful photos as usual. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger