show + tell | Winter Gear in a Wicker Basket

I think I've done a pretty good job of not complaining about the weather in Massachusetts. And I could, I really could. 

First, I have 21 years of Weather Complaining practice after living in the drizzliest, gray-est, I'm-going-to-freak-out-if-I-don't-see-the-sun--est city in the country. Second, I felt the snot FREEZE INSIDE my NOSE last week. New experiences!! 

You can't ever leave the house here without being in full costume. I'm talking scarf and mittens and a hat. Today, the sun came out and I got a little too bold. I didn't wear a hat and I felt the early stages of a brain-freeze. from breathing. 

Weirdly, I think bundling up is actually really fun! Maybe because it's doubled my options for accessorizing or maybe because of this little trick that has made it an easy part of my morning routine: I keep all my winter gear in a wicker basket underneath my coat, so rather than having to rustle around in my closet or drawers, it's all right there. 

Let's be real. It usually looks like this ... but still.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, when you breath and your nostrils stick together because the snot has literally frozen. I don't miss that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the looks of that first picture, I love that scarf (at least I am assuming it's a scarf). I have lived in the high Rocky Mountains of Colorado and can relate well to frigid temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I am very thankful for our mild winter here in the mid-south.

    My drawer of scarves, hats, and gloves was neat once, too, but looks a lot like yours. It still beats running around the house and/or trying to get my glove out of the dog's mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i love you. and id be complaining non stop so good for you for not:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger