two for | Holes + Hearts


"My desire
is always the same; wherever Life
deposits me:
I want to stick my toe
& soon my whole body
into the water.
I want to shake out a fat broom
& sweep dried leaves
bruised blossoms
dead insects
& dust.
I want to grow
something.
It seems impossible that desire
can sometimes transform into devotion;
but this has happened.
And that is how I've survived:
how the hole
I carefully tended
in the garden of my heart
grew a heart
to fill it."


Alice Walker, Desire

(photos) variations on the same thing | deer prints in the Berkshires + rose petals on the Main St sidewalk 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm looking too into it, but pairing the deer hoof prints with the rose petals is absolutely genius, profound, magical, and thoughtful. It tells such a beautiful tale of nature and love.

    And you've just rekindled my love for Alice Walker. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. insanely beautiful. seriously. out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger