This song has a shimmering sweetness to it - an openness to the way things go. Nothing ever stays the same for too long. Sometimes change can be just what we needed ... especially if that change is spring.
weekend reading | the nature of things
- weirdly into trees lately. Do you know about Pando? It's a grove of Quaking Aspen that is the heaviest and oldest living organism on the planet (the root system is 80,000 years old!!)
- also: Joshua Trees are pretty dope.
- a video inspired by these words from Jack Kerouac: "listen to the silence inside the illusion of the world, and you will remember the lesson you forgot. It is all one vast awakened thing."
- Jocelyn Catterson's photos of national parks make me want to get out my backpack.
- the National Geographic archive has a Tumblr. The one of a woman riding an ostrich is cray-zay!
(listen) Jim James - Of The Mother Again (photo) on 120 film with Diana F+ | Yellowstone National Park