Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity *

{ * also a great potential title for a book about a breakup. }

I love installation art - it is my favorite kind. ( see: my absolute adoration of Brainforest and Field of Light )

So this exhibition by Yayoi Kasuma just does it for me. It's described as "In a dark void, a delicate, shimmering mirage unfolds around the viewer, a myriad of gleaming lights that reproduce and reflect endlessly upon eachother in gold silence."

As writers we try ceaselessly to create a world for people to find: to plot its dimensions, it's aesthetic , its atmosphere. Installation art takes this desire and makes it tangible. It not only creates it in the mind of the person experiencing it but also in sight. When I struggle to find the words, when i can't make my writing feel I yearn, rather, to make it real.


p.s Did I mention Yayoi is 80 years old? I too, am going to be an awesome old(er) lady some day.

1 comments:

  1. i went to an exhibit of hers while studying abroad in Australia. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger