h e r e ' s t o h a p p i n e s s
- Feeling good. Feeling 80's pop-song, choreographed dance, animated bird, personal parade good.
- I've watched this TED talk on positive psychology at least five times in the last two days :
"One of the very first things we teach people in economics, and business and statistics and psychology courses is how - in a statistically valid way - do we eliminate the weirdos. How do we eliminate the outliers? Which is fantastic If I'm trying to find the ... average.
But if I'm interest in potential. If I'm interested in your potential for happiness or productivity or energy or creativity, what we're doing is creating the cult of the average with science.
If we study what's merely average we will remain merely average." Shawn Achor
- Hysteric by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs sounds like every happy feeling I've ever had.
- "Find someone that makes you want to smile and puke at the same time" - Ryan O'Connell on Thought Catalog's How to Love Somebody.
- a mug featuring a favorite line from Pride and Prejudice: how shall I bear so much happiness
- Rick Hanson, PhD says that focusing on the positive can actually change how we think
"There's an expression in neuroscience: neurons that fire together wire together. This means that new patterns of thought can actually change the physiology of our brains" Oprah Magazine, Learning How to Lighten Up
- being happy with who you are (weirdness and all) perfectly captured by Jade Harris.
(photo) on 800 kodak portra film with pentax k1000.