catastrophe of my personality.

"Now I am quietly waiting for
the catastrophe of my personality
to seem beautiful again,
and interesting, and modern.

The country is grey and
brown and white in trees,
snows and skies of laughter
always diminishing, less funny
not just darker, not just grey.

It may be the coldest day
of the year, what does he think of
that? I mean, what do I? And if I do,
perhaps I am myself again."

Frank O'hara, 4 in "Mayakovsky". From Meditations in an Emergency.

(photo) by the incomparable Cassy Berry (listen) Don Draper reads the same stanza here. It means so much more after hearing it.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger