This song has been here and there since October-ish, but on Wednesday morning the sun was coming out and I was questioning whether I'd need my parka. Maybe if you let me be your lover came out of the speakers and it was suddenly just so irresistible
I felt like a little green bud just bursting open to that synthy, snappy beat. Spring is the season of dance pop!
weekend reading | the art of becoming
- the NYT Magazine profile on Anne Carson is so complex and a brilliant piece of journalism: "i realize all this sounds both chaotic and dishonest and probably that is the case. contradiction is the test of reality..."
- shocking pink camellias! missing them most about spring in Portland.
- I love pictures - like this one of Bill Murray and Hunter S. Thompson - where seemingly unrelated famous people are hanging out together. (Also, apparently he is neighbors with one of my favorite photographers in Charleston?!)
- painter Kimia Kline on memory and the creative process.
- In Defense of Marnie. I related to this way too much.